Wednesday 27 February 2013

Essence, Stay With Me Lip Gloss. Most definitely will be!

Again a fairly new drug store brand that has recently popped up in Watsons. I was quite shocked to see how affordable Essence products were! For a European brand that has to be imported, I was stunned to see that most of the products tend to stay under the RM20 price range!  The Essence 'Stay With Me Gloss' are a range of long-lasting lip glosses (RM9.90 each). I picked up mine in No.6 'Berry Me'.
 
 As you can see its a deep Berry colour, hence its name 'Berry Me'... Hahaha!
The constancy of the gloss is quite sticky in my opinion. It also has a very, hold on, let me repeat myself. A VERY strong sweet scent. That I know may bother quite a handful of people I personally don't mind it as I have always preferred my lip products to be scented. I think it gives them that fresh feel when applied onto the lips. 

The gloss as you can see is actually quite pigmented. It leaved a very deep colour on the lips. As how long lasting is this lip product? The product cheats a little when it comes to the long lasting part... The gloss itself is not as long lasting but the berry colour of the gloss does in fact stay on for a long time. Acting more like a lip stain rather than a gloss. 
Although I have to say the wand for this Lip gloss did make me raise a eyebrow. A wavy like sponge applicator. There are some advantages and disadvantages for this type of applicator. I thought that by having a wand like this, the gloss was quite tricky to put on and took slightly longer to apply than other lip glosses. It would definitely not be something that I would put in a quick touch up pouch as I would have to sit in front of a bathroom mirror to apply instead of a quick touch up anywhere. On the other hand, this wand does create perfect application when applied properly as the wavy sponge helps get the product all over the lips.

Overall... LOVE IT!! For the price I paid for this Lip gloss, I really did not expect much, but I have to say that I was shocked to see how wonderful this product is!

No comments:

Post a Comment